We cover a ton of ground. We discuss the spreadsheet management fail that is Patreon’s 4th quarter, the dangers of a non-neutral net and go deep into last years predictions and make marketing predictions for 2018.
- Still Unsponsored, The best marketing podcast, survives another year
- Video Advertising maintains its dominance
- VR/AR arrives without fanfare
- Until VR is on consoles it will not be mainstream
- Technical SEO becomes more important (with the rise of mobile and search signals like SSL)
- Google attribution tool becomes dominant / independents go out of business
- SEO (and marketing generally) will continue to be all about the brand.
- Chatbots explode
- Sub 6 months before Net Neutrality blow out. Will it be part of a larger tech war?
- Inflating CPCs on Google and Facebook
- 2 Years out… Someone disrupts Facebook’s strangle hold on social/organic content because creators don’t want to pay to talk to their audience and advertisers think its too expensive.
- More adcalypse pain
- Twitter gets sold/bought
- Bonus: twitter gets sold to a non-tech company but to a political player
- Uber looses marketshare to lift
- We get put in an awkward spot about our name
0:00 – Intro
1:55 – Patreon
7:54 – Net Neutrality
16:00 – Review 2017 Predictions / 2018 Predictions
- Patreon links
- Pro Net Neutrality anti Title II
- Most Hated Companies
- What is NPS
- Zach’s blog
- Pixel 2 starwars AR stickers
- Previous Still Unsponsored Episode on Multi Touch Marketing Attribution
- Oatmeal cartoon on facebook
— Matthew Inman (@Oatmeal) October 25, 2017
Get Social With Us:
Want to hear something on the podcast? Hit us up on social. Also join our mailing list for occasional pro-tip and updates from the marketing world.